For Air Tahiti, safety on board is a priority. Carry-on baggage is therefore subject to certain rules. To ensure your journey goes smoothly, please read the information below.
With Air Tahiti, the hand baggage allowance is the same whatever your destination is.
So you can take with you, free of charge, baggage within the following limits:
- 1 hand baggage by passenger
- Maximum dimensions: 45 x 35 x 20 cm (17 x 13 x 7 in)
- Weight: 5 kg (11 lb)
The size of our cabins and their luggage compartments do not allow us to grant additional cabin allowance for your accessories such as laptops, cameras, handbags, clothes etc. like international airlines operating a fleet of large aircraft.
Also all your belongings (cabin baggage + accessories) must be contained in the dimensions and weight listed above.
These limits have been set in order to guarantee your safety on board and to ensure that your hand baggage can be stowed in the baggage compartments. Please abide by them.
If your hand baggage exceeds the permitted weight and size limits, it may be transferred to the hold, even after check-in. In such cases, it will be "allowed with limited release" and a fee will be payable if it exceeds the hold baggage allowance.
Your hand baggage must be able to be stowed in the baggage compartments or under the seat in front of you. It must not obstruct the aisle or emergency exits or be placed under your legs. It is your responsibility throughout the journey.
We recommend you label your hand baggage inside and out with your name, permanent and destination address.
We also advise you to pack any fragile or valuable items, such as camera, laptop, keys, etc., important documents and medicines in your carry-on baggage and not in your hold baggage.
Forgotten baggage will be kept for three months. After that, it will be donated to charity.
As is standard practice in many other airports around the world, specific measures apply to carrying liquids, creams, gels, pastes and aerosols in your hand baggage, on flights from Tahiti to islands of French Polynesia served by Air Tahiti and also on flights to/from Rarotonga.
This concerns, in particular, water and other drinks, perfumes, lotions, creams, shower gel, shampoo, mascara, cough mixture, toothpaste, liquid soap, deodorant, etc. Duty-free liquids are included.
How can these items be carried on board?
These items are allowed in your hand baggage, provided they meet the following requirements:
- Each bottle or tube must not exceed 100 ml. Substances in containers of more than 100 ml will be refused, even if the container is partly empty.
- Your items must be placed in a bag which is:
- No more than a litre in volume (approx. 20 x 20 cm – 7.8 x 7.8 in) Some freezer bags have these characteristics.
- The items must not be piled up or overlap.
- A single bag is allowed per person.
Liquids accepted without restriction
- Baby food required for the journey is allowed. Make sure it is stored in resealable containers, as you may be asked to taste the contents.
- Liquid medicines accompanied by a prescription or declaration in your name are also permitted in your hand baggage.
Click on the links below to make sure your trip goes smoothly: