Travel restrictions within Polynesia as of Friday August 20th: applicable for air travel and passenger ships to the archipelagos from Tahiti and Moorea.
- People traveling between two islands of French Polynesia and only passing through Tahiti or Moorea without leaving the terminal are not affected.
- Sea shuttles between Tahiti and Moorea are not affected by this measure at this stage.
- Travelers over 12 years of age who do not have a complete vaccination status will have to justify that they meet two conditions to be able to travel:
- Prove a compelling reason for travel based on professional, family or health criteria. Note that tourism is not a compelling reason. The compelling reason will be the subject of a declaration on honor available on the website of the High Commission which must be presented to the carrier. This means, for example, Air Tahiti or at the ferry terminal when boarding.
- Present a negative result of an antigenic test or a self-test performed under the supervision of a health professional less than 48 hours prior to departure (or RT-PCR less than 72 hours prior to departure). The tests will be at the traveler's expense and can be performed in pharmacies that the country has just authorized to perform tests and issue simplified certificates allowing travel in case of a negative result.
- Travelers over 12 years of age who have been fully vaccinated will be able to travel freely, provided that they can show proof of their vaccination to the carrier.