- Number: 3
- Manufactured in: USA
- Propulsion: Twin turboprop
- Seats: 8
- Speed: 520 km/h (323 mph)
- Payload: Variable according to destination
- Cruising altitude: 9,500 m (31,168 ft)
Maximum load for Beechcrafts
| ||Wing holds||Rear hold|
|136 kg (300 lb)||250 kg (551 lb)|
The Beechcraft King Air B200 is an aircraft designed to take off and land on short runways. It is therefore particularly well suited to certain airstrips in French Polynesia.
Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-42 engines provide the Beechcraft King Air B200 with an excellent level of performance:
- A cruising speed of 260 knots
- A climb rate of 2,450 feet per minute
In addition, the different models can be fitted out for charter or VIP flights, or for medical evacuations. The latter is of crucial importance in the Polynesian context, where people living on islands other than Tahiti must come to the main island for health treatment.