You have booked a standard ticket (Y or S class):
- Maximum weight per passenger (child under 12 or adult) : 23kg (50 lb)
- Maximum dimensions (including wheels and handles) : length + width + height <150 cm (59 in)
You have booked a special ticket with an additional weight allowance (Z class):
- Maximum weight per passenger (child under 12 or adult): 46 kg (100 lb)
- Maximum dimensions (including wheels and handles): length + width + height <150 cm (59 in)
- There is no baggage allowance for infants under 2 years
- Strollers or umbrella beds are accepted without additional cost if their weight is included in the parents' free baggage allowance.
For scuba diving equipment:
Divers travelling to theses islands (Huahine, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Maupiti, Moorea, Fakarava, Rangiroa, Tikehau, Tubuai, Rurutu, Nuku Hiva et Hiva Oa) are given an additional baggage allowance of 5 kg (11 lb) for carrying diving equipment only, if there is availability on the flight.
To use it, please present your diving equipment at check-in and one of the following documents:
- Official diver's card in your name
- Declaration from the diving club where you are going, specifying the dates you will be diving.
Consult our Sports equipment and special baggage section if:
- Your checked baggage exceeds the authorized dimensions
- Your baggage weighs more than 25 kg (55 lb)
- You carry scuba diving equipment or any other large sports equipment
Find all our tips for preparing your baggage.
Calculate the cost of your excess baggage
If your baggage exceeds the weight allowed, you will be required to pay a fee at check-in.
Payment methods accepted :
- Payment cards
- Local cheques
- Cash in Pacific Francs (XPF)
Air Tahiti will endeavour to transport your excess baggage on the flight on which you are travelling. However, for operational reasons, it may be sent on a subsequent flight.
Calculate the exact amount of your excess baggage using the form below:
Formulaire de calcul d'excédent de bagage