In order to protect the ecosystems of islands as yet free from certain diseases or parasites, for some species, your animal will need to be inspected by the Rural Development Department (SDR) and obtain a certificate allowing the animal to travel.
This provision concerns:
- Birds belonging to the Psittacidae family (such as parakeets, lovebirds...), to the waterfowl (swans), and Columbidae (pigeons, doves...)
- Bees for transport from Tahiti, Moorea, Huahine, Raivavae and Tubuai to others islands
- Their container must be closed so that they cannot get out during transport.
- Since this process may take time, you are advised to apply well in advance.
- Dogs, cats, rabbits, roosters, hens, chicks, fish, etc ... are not subject by this measure.