- You may travel with your breathing apparatus (Air Tahiti-approved portable oxygen concentrator* or mechanical ventilator).
- It will be carried free of charge, in addition to your hand and hold baggage allowances.
- Whatever your type of device, at each step of your journey you must be able to produce a prescription specifying the required air-flow rate and a certificate from the same doctor authorising you to travel by air.
- You must also travel accompanied if your physical or mental condition means you are unable to see, hear or understand the audio and visual warnings and notices of your device or to notice its warning lights.
Maximum volume of your compressed air bottle: 1 liter.
Notify us at the booking stage, and at least 72 working hours prior to your departure, if you will be travelling with an oxygen concentrator, and tell us its type.
Before commencing your journey
- Air Tahiti aircraft are not equipped with sockets to enable you to plug in your breathing apparatus, you must ensure that it has 150% of the battery life required for all flights, including transits, i.e you had a spare battery charged.
- Replacement lithium batteries transported in hand baggage are limited to four.
- Be sure to pack them to prevent short circuits.
Check-in and boarding
- Please present yourself at check-in well in advance, to allow plenty of time for the additional checks carried out by Air Tahiti staff and safety staff.
- If you intend to use the apparatus during the flight, please notify our check-in attendants and the cabin crew when boarding.
- Please stow your device under the seat in front of you or stand it in an upright position between your legs.
- You will not be allowed to use any other apparatus on board. You may nevertheless carry an additional one as hand or hold baggage, on condition that:
- It is empty and depressurised.
- The battery has been removed and packed separately, with its terminals insulated.
The following apparatus (Product name / Manufacturer) are permitted on board Air Tahiti flights :
|O2 concentrator||OxLife Independence|
|Eclipse (series 1 to 5)||SeQual|
|eQuinox O2 System (model 4000)|
|Oxywell O2 System (model 4000)|
All breathing aooartus comprising an oxygen reservoir, such as an oxygen generator, is prohibited for transport.