The following items are strictly forbidden on all Air Tahiti flights, including Rarotonga flights, whether in your hand or hold baggage. However, they can be accepted in cargo under certain conditions, excepted flights to/from Rarotonga.
- All types of firearms other than for hunting or sport. For other those two types of firearms, consult the Sports equipment section.
- Electric weapons (e.g. tasers) containing dangerous elements such as explosives, compressed gases, lithium batteries, etc.
- Explosives and articles posing a mass explosion or a projection hazard, e.g. fireworks, flares, pyrotechnic devices, detonators, military munitions, etc.
- Toxic gazes and products, e.g. pesticides, insecticides, etc.
- Oxygen generators or cylinders, full, empty or unloaded. In the case of medical oxygen, please look to our transport conditions.
- Substances liable to spontaneous combustion
- Substances transported at high temperatures
- Substances that emit flammable gases in contact with water
- All combustion engines. e.g. strimmers, lawnmowers, hedge trimmers, chain saws, boat engines, etc.
- Printing ink
- Fuel cells
- Disabling devices (e.g. pepper spray, mace, etc.) containing an irritant or incapacitating substance.
- Radioactive products
- Flammable products and gazes. e.g.charcoal, copra, paint, varnish, lacquer, household products,methylated spirits, alcohol to burn, surgical spirit containing over 70% alcohol by volume (70° proof), some vegetable oils (e.g. monoi), essential oils, perfumed or aromatic oils and all substances containing alcohol (vanilla extract, perfume and/or concentrates) in quantities intended for professional use, full camping-gas canisters, gas cartridges for hair curlers, butane, propane, acetylene, etc.
- Corrosive products, e.g. batteries, battery fluids, scouring products, acids, chlorine, bleach, etc.
- Professional washing powder
- Objects containing a magnetised/ferromagnetic material (loudspeakers, etc.)
- Oxidising substances and organic peroxides, e.g. oxygenated water, chemicals for swimming pools, bleaching powder, detergents, liquid or powder fertilisers, weedkillers, etc.
- Small leisure vehicles with lithium battery. e.g. mini-segway, balance-wheel, airwheel, hoverboard...
- Electronic devices containing batteries or wet batteries
- Helium balloons
- Briefcase or panniers equipped with an alarm or defense device.
For operational reasons, these dangerous goods are prohibited in all circumstances on flights to/from Rarotonga, whether in your hand or hold baggage and also in cargo. → Info déplacée en haut
This list is subject to change without notice, according to the regulations in force. For more information, you can also consult the Airbag application of the DGAC (the French Civil Aviation Authority).