Titre de la page
Minimum flight duration : 2h00
Distance from Tahiti : 500 km
The good reasons to visit
• An off the beaten tracks destination, ideal to explore the lagoon and snorkel through coral reefs.
• Unspoilt nature: primary forest, populated by a large variety of seabirds.
• Ahe’s pearl, with unique hues and intense glares, produced by pearl farms, which are among the leaders in the pearl industry.
• The plentiful seabed: observation of diverse species of sharks, rays, turtles and more.
Do not miss
- The various "motu",
- the Pisonia Grandis forest (tree also called "Puatea"), that became rare in the Tuamotu archipelago,
- the bird island,
- pearl farms (often closed on weekends, please inquire).
Did you know that
• Bernard Moitessier, a famous French navigator, settled in Ahe in 1975. He left the atoll in 1978 and moved to Moorea.
• Ahe was the last island of the Tuamotu archipelago to be "discovered" by European explorers (Charles Wilkes) in 1839.
Air Tahiti magazine
Ahe airport is located on a motu (islet).
There is no shuttle service, so to get from the airport to the main village you will need to take a boat. The journey takes approximately 45 minutes.
If you have booked tourist accommodation, find out from your hosts whether they can arrange your outward and return transfer.
- Snack bar
- Telephone kiosk