Destination Rangiroa : Infos clés & aéroport
Minimum flight duration : 1h00
Distance from Tahiti : 356 km
The good reasons to visit
• Rangiroa is the largest atoll in French Polynesia and the second largest atoll in the world.
• A must for scuba diving, renowned worldwide.
• An ideal place for snorkeling and watching myriads of colorful fish.
• One of the most beautiful and richest coral reefs of the world.
• Dream "motus" (Blue Lagoon, Green Lagoon, Reefs Island and the Pink Sands).
• The unique vineyard of Polynesia.
• Picturesque villages.
• A variety of water sports and land activities.
Do not miss
- The Ohotu view point, where you can watch the dolphins jumping in the Tiputa pass,
- pearl farms,
- the mythical « Lagon Bleu » (Blue Lagoon) island,
- Pink sand islands,
- the Green lagoon island,
- the Reef island ( a magnificent motu dotted with“feo”, curious petrified coral formations),
- the unique vineyard in French Polynesia, planted on a motu,
- underwater diving sites : Shark Grotto, the Precipice, the Windmill, The Valley, The Aquarium, The Caves, Mahuta...
Did you know that
• Rangiroa is also called Ra'iroa.
• Rangiroa is the largest atoll in French Polynesia, and the second largest in the world behind Kwajalein in Micronesia.
• Rangiroa has the only vineyard in French Polynesia.
• The Blue Lagoon, emblematic "motu" of the atoll, is a mini-lagoon inside the lagoon.
Air Tahiti magazine
Rangiroa airport is located on the main island of Avatoru, close to the village and most of the hotels and family-run guest houses.
There is no shuttle service, so to get from the airport to the main village you will need a car. The journey takes approximately 10 minutes. If you are going to another islet, you will need to take a boat.
If you have booked tourist accommodation, find out from your hosts whether they can arrange your outward and return transfer.
- Snack bar
- Souvenir shop
- Telephone kiosk