Destination Manihi : Infos clés & aéroport
Minimum flight duration : 1h20
Distance from Tahiti : 513 km
The good reasons to visit
• Exceptional seabed.
• A lagoon dotted with pearl farms.
• A variety of activities including: picnic on secluded "motus", fishing, snorkeling...
Do not miss
- Pearl farms ( often closed on the week-end, please inquire ),
- the various motu (islets),
- observing marine life and colourful coral reefs.
Did you know that
• The first pearl farm of French Polynesia was installed in Manihi in 1968.
• Five criteria are used to estimate the value of a pearl: the diameter, the shape, the surface, the luster and finally the color.
Air Tahiti magazine
Manihi airport is located on a motu (islet).
There is no shuttle service, so to get from the airport to the main village of Paeua you will need to take a boat. The journey takes approximately 15 minutes.
If you have booked tourist accommodation, find out from your hosts whether they can arrange your outward and return transfer.
- Snack bar
- Souvenir shop