Titre de la page
Minimum flight duration : 0h55
Distance from Tahiti : 308 km
The good reasons to visit
- Tikehau looks like a natural pool of 26km in diameter, known for its abundant underwater fauna.
- Endless beaches of white or pink sand, bordered by coconut trees.
- The pass of Tuheiava, which is the only opening to the ocean, ideal for marine life observation.
- Unique outings on phenomenal “motu” (islets).
- The picturesque and colourful village of Tuherahera.
- Great and famous surf spots.
Do not miss
- Scuba diving in the pass of Tuheiava (manta rays, shoals of barracuda and tuna, gray or black tip sharks, blue dolphins),
- the white and pink sand beaches,
- the fish parks,
- the Bird Island,
- the Manta ray cleaning station, a snorkeling or diving spot.
Did you know that
- The Bird Island is known for its red-footed boobies and brown Noddies.
- The Tikehau lagoon is reputed to be one of the most stocked with fish in French Polynesia.
- Tikehau was "discovered" in 1816 by a Russian navigator, Otto von Kotzebue.
- The "bell of Hina" is a corner of paradise, named in memory of a legendary princess: located on the main motu of Tikehau, it is composed of fossilized coral formations or "feo", overlooking clear water basins, real natural jacuzzis.
Air Tahiti magazine
Tikehau airport is located close to the main village.
There is no shuttle service, so to get to the village you will need to go by car.
If you have booked tourist accommodation, find out from your hosts whether they can arrange your outward and return transfer.
- Air Tahiti agency
- Snack bar
- Souvenir shop
- Telephone kiosk